Associate MembershipAre you a plein air painter who would like to join a group of like-minded artists? Do you see plein air painting as an important next step in your personal development? We invite you to join the Connecticut Plein Air Painters Society.
- Any artist can become a member!
- Members are eligible to participate in CPAPS paint-outs and exhibitions, including member exhibitions.
- Paint-outs from April through October allow you to network with other plein air painters.
- There will be regular newsletters with up to date information on Society activities, exhibitions and paint-out opportunities.
- In return for these benefits, each member must participate in at least three events per year (such as paint-outs, exhibits or fund-raisers) and volunteer his or her time to complete one or more tasks for the benefit of the society.
Elected Artist MembershipOur purpose at this level of membership is to recognize artists who demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in their work and who are committed to work together to promote plein air painting as a profession.
- We plan to organize special exhibition opportunities and programs to promote plein air painting and the professional recognition of our elected artist members.
- In return, we expect Elected Artist Members to invest their time and resources – above and beyond basic membership – to make these special opportunities and programs a reality.
- Applications for Elected Artist Membership are due by November 1st.
- For more information, please contact our Membership Chair.
- All individuals who wish to apply for Elected Artist Membership must already be Associate Members and must have an Elected Artist sponsor.