How Current Members Can Access Their Account and Set Their Password
If you are a current CPAPS member who created their account after January 20, 2019, then you should have created a password when you signed up for CPAPS. If you know you password, you can login here.
If you created a password, but don’t remember it, you can follow these instructions to reset it as well.
- Click Here to access the password reset page on the CPAPS website.
- Enter the email address you initially used to create your account and click “Get New Password”. You can change your email address once you set your password.
- You should receive an email with a link to reset your password after a few minutes (it could be longer in rare cases); make sure you check your spam folder.
- If your email address is not in the system, you will get an error that says “Invalid username or email”. If that happens, make sure you entered the correct email address (shown above) and that you spelled it correctly and try again. If it doesn’t work again, contact us for help. If you don’t get an email within 30 minutes, contact us for help.
- Click the confirmation link in the email you were sent. You’ll be taken to a page where you can set your password.
- When you submit your new password, you’ll be redirected to a login page. You can also click here to login or use the link under the “Membership” menu entry at the top of the page.
Becoming an Associate CPAPS Member
Any artist can become a member and is eligible to participate in paint-outs and exhibitions, including member exhibitions. Paint-outs from April through October allow you to network with other plein air painters. You will also be given the opportunity to create a public Artist Profile on the CPAPS website, which will give you a chance to display examples of your work and to tell website visitors a little bit about yourself. There will be regular newsletters with up to date information on Society activities, exhibitions and paint-out opportunities. In return for these benefits, each member must participate in at least three events per year (such as paint-outs, exhibits or fund-raisers) and volunteer his or her time to complete one or more tasks for the benefit of the society.
- You can become an Associate CPAPS member by filling out this membership form.
- Once you’ve filled out the form, you can choose to pay by check or to pay with PayPal (allows you to use a credit card). Choosing PayPal will allow you to pay with most credit cards or using your PayPal account. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use this method unless you choose automatic renewal. This is because PayPal handles all of the payments. We do not have access to any of your credit card information. When you submit the form, you’ll be redirected to a PayPal page, which is where you’ll enter your payment info. This helps to keep all of your financial information as secure as possible. Automatic renewal uses PayPal’s automatic payments, which require you to have an account.
- Once you submit your application and pay using whichever method you prefer, you’ll be able to login using the email and password you created.
Paying Your Dues
- Click the “Pay Dues” link under the “Membership” menu entry at the top of the page. If you are logged into your CPAPS account, you’ll be taken directly to the Pay Dues Form. If you are not already logged in, you’ll be taken to a login form.
You’ll be redirected to a form that allows you to edit some of your account preferences and choose to sign up for automatic renewal.
Choosing PayPal will allow you to pay with most credit cards or using your PayPal account. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use this method unless you choose automatic renewal. This is because PayPal handles all of the payments. We do not have access to any of your credit card information. When you submit the form, you’ll be redirected to a PayPal page, which is where you’ll enter your payment info. This helps to keep all of your financial information as secure as possible. Automatic renewal uses PayPal’s automatic payments, which require you to have an account.
Editing Your Public Profile
- Hover your mouse over the “Profile” menu entry that will be visible at the top of the page when you’re logged in.
- Click “Edit” from the drop-down menu.
- This will take you to a page that will allow you to edit everything about your account besides billing. A lot of the information on this page is for administrative use. You can change the email address that you use to log into your CPAPS account and that will receive updates. You can change your password and log out of other devices. Most of the information on this page is private, but this is also where you can edit the information and images that will show up on the CPAPS Directory and on your Artist Profile page. All of the fields that can be shown on your profile can be found in the darker box under the “Public Profile” heading. Your profile will be hidden until you fill in one or more of these fields.
- Once you’ve edited some of the fields on the “Edit Profile” page, click “Update”.
- If you edited any of the public profile fields, you can hover over the “Profile” menu entry and click “View” to see your changes. You can also click on the “Directory” menu entry to see how your profile looks there.